Thursday, January 15, 2009

Me & My Man... Our Marathon Date

So for Dan's birthday this year I decided to mix things up a bit. Why not try a marathon date? Better yet, why not plan it and surprise him? The options at first were do something fun like the "I fly" in Ogden during the day and then get a room at the Anniversary Inn. But hey, if I was going to spend a few hundred dollars why not do something he really wanted to do this summer... Six Flags Magic Mountain. I looked it up online and the a day pass was only 15 bucks- I said count me in. I managed to log into Dan's SkyMiles account and book a couple of free flights. I also found a great deal on LA Kings hockey tickets. Everything was set. The baby sitters and all. Well... all that is but how was I going to tell Dan. His birthday was approaching and I was nervous. What if it all went wrong? For one little moment I felt that I knew what it feels like when a guy purposes. What if he does not want to go? What if he thinks two days is a waste of SkyMiles? What if he says no? All of these things keep floating through my mind. Well lets just say he had not idea; no one did. I even lied to his mom. (Sorry Madalyn!) Dan thought we were going to the Melting Pot in SLC and to do something fun. We headed out. We did a few things in SLC before I broke the news to him. I had butterflies, but I was ready to tell him. This is how it all went down. We were at a stop light next to the Diamond parking he said, "do you know where your going? This is diamond parking." I said, "yeah I am going to the gas station over there to get a drink." I pulled into the Diamond parking lot and he asked again, "what are we doing?" I then explained to him that we were going on a plane. "What? What?" he said. "We are not going to the Melting Pot? That was the only thing I was for sure we were doing. What about the reservation you sent me?" "No dear that was to throw you off," I said. Before I had time to explain any more the shuttle bus was waiting for us. We got on the bus and Dan was laughing hysterically as he is saying, "I have no idea where we're going." Well by the time we got to the airport I was able to explain the whole thing to him, but it still was a lot to take in. He was so surprised and we had the times or our lives, spending time together with no kids, riding rides, and enjoying nothing but room service! I must say it was one of the best dates I had ever planned. I had so much fun planing it. I can't wait to see what I plan next year:) Dan and I at the game. At the park. Coming home.

4 comments:

  1. How fun and spontaneous! Sounds like it was a very memorable trip. Glad you both had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some other friends that do crazy things like that...YOu are awesome! My goal is to do that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY HOLY CRAP _ THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR YOUR AWESOMENESS!!!!!!! That has to be the coolest thing I have ever heard. Dan must have died, I know that E'lan would DIE to go to a Detroit red wings game.....hey come to think of it, maybe I will copy you!!!!!! YOU ALWAYS INSPIRE ME, YOU ROCK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a true PARTY planner. Dan will never know to believe you about dinner. I am sooo jealous about the hockey game. Maybe next time you will need me to come along and chaperone, or carry your bags.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger