Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blue Tickets

The house is quiet...I think they're all asleep.  It's that bitter sweet part of the day!  For years this was the hardest, truly testing part of the day.  I would always fall asleep putting them to bed.   We are in a new home now and with that comes new adventures. We have a special place we end the day at.  Our "reading nest."  Grandma has bought 90% of the books that fill our bookshelf.  Pages and pages of new worlds a day at a time.  Bedtime is now an enjoyable time of day that I cherish. I look forward to all the stories and memories we will share in our reading nest  I am a firm believer in function, order, and comfort.  Dan and I and many others worked hard for us to be in a home that provides us the space we need to have these things. (more about our new home later)  Today I am grateful for our home, for one more step in the right direction for these angels of mine!  Good night as I place the well earned blue tickets under each pillow.  They earn a one ticket for going to sleep on their own after prayers and two if they do it without a fight.  They don't question what they are earning tickets for, but they just like collecting them.  They are that simple sometimes.  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger